Pain/Stiffness/Weakness in wrist or Hand
Carpal tunnel Syndrome
- Tingling / numbness in lateral 3 fingers including thumb
- Weakness of thenar eminence
- Pain in wrist or hand at night
In this condition the space for median nerve is decreased inside the Carpal tunnel may be because of any inflammation or infection. Mostly this condition is inflammatory and related to obesity, diabetes, etc. This condition is easily treatable with the use of Exercise and Electro therapy.
Most common fracture causing this problem is “Colles fracture”. Other than this it can be caused by fracture of any bone in wrist / hand / forearm. Symptoms patients may be suffered from :
- Decreased grip / grasp of hand
- Stiffness in wrist causing difficulties in supination / pronation
- Difficulty in ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) specially if right hand is involved
We can restore the range of motion and muscle power with the use of Manual therapy and exercise therapy.
De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
It is an inflammatory condition of two tendons on postero-lateral aspect of thumb. Symptoms :
- Pain in anatomical snuff box
- Decreased movement of thumb
- It may be also felt as increase in size of bone of thumb
It happens most commonly after delivery when the mother has to lift the baby vertically in hands. It is easily managed with the use of phonophoresis and exercise therapy.
Try Phone Consultation
Unsure if our services are appropriate for your problem? We offer phone consultation with a registered physiotherapist to discuss your issue and provide honest advice about treatment options.Call us at 9041673799